Skip to Content
Honey Glazed Maroon Carrots
- 1 bunch BetaSweet® maroon carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4″ coins
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp aged balsamic vinegar
- Add water and carrots to a non-stick sauté pan. Bring to a boil on medium heat (takes about 4 minutes).
- Cover, reduce to medium-low heat and steam for 6 minutes to soften. Remove lid and drain excess water.
- Set back on burner without lid on. Add olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Stir. Increase heat back to medium heat. Cook for 4 more minutes, flipping coins occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook for 2-4 more minutes, depending on preference of doneness. Garlic should be golden but not burnt. Remove from heat. Place on serving platter. Drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar. Serve.